Are you looking for a quality dentist in McKinney TX? Dr. R. Ben Alexander is the best dentist in town! He provides quality dental services for all your needs, from cosmetic to general dentistry. You can trust him with your smile – he’s been practicing dentistry for many years, helping to create beautiful, healthy smile after smile in McKinney!
What to Expect at Your First Dental Appointment
A dental appointment is an opportunity to have a professional cleaning and checkup of your teeth. Dr. Alexander and his team look forward to meeting you, learning more about your dental goals, and understanding your dental history.
We will perform a comprehensive dental exam at our McKinney, Texas facility during your first appointment. This comprehensive exam will help us develop a personalized treatment plan for you. We will also take radiographs (x-rays), which help us detect problems that cannot be seen with the naked eye. Once we have all the information, we will sit down with you and discuss your treatment options.
At the 1st appointment, we will diagnose the health of your gums and recommend either a routine cleaning, or if gum disease is detected, a deep cleaning. Usually these cleanings will be scheduled after the initial comprehensive exam appointment. During the cleaning, we use a unique tool to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. Our hygienist will also floss your teeth and may use other tools to clean them.
It would be best if you also asked the dentist any questions about caring for your teeth and oral health in general.
Some Good Dental Hygiene Tips
As believers in preventative dentistry, we want to help educate you and your children on the best ways to care for your teeth. One of the most important things you can do for your teeth is to brush them twice daily. Be sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste, and brush gently in a circular motion. Don’t forget to brush your tongue too!
In addition to daily brushing, flossing is also essential. Use waxed or unwaxed dental floss, and be sure to floss gently between all of your teeth. For best results, floss at least once a day.
Finally, visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and checkups. Following these simple tips, you can keep your smile looking great for years to come!
Our McKinney, Texas Dental Procedures
At R. Ben Alexander DDS, we offer a wide range of dental services to meet your needs. From general dentistry to cosmetic procedures, we’ve got you covered!
Some of the dental services we offer include:
- Emergency Dentistry: If you have a dental emergency, we are here to help! We can teach you how to care for a dental emergency at home, and we will work fast to save your teeth once you get to us. We can also help you avoid dental emergencies by offering advice on things like mouthguards to wear while playing sports.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: We offer a variety of cosmetic dental procedures to help you achieve the smile of your dreams! Services include teeth whitening, porcelain veneers and crowns, bonding and more.
- General Dentistry: We offer a full range of general dentistry services, from teeth cleanings and fillings to dental crowns and implants. We also offer sedation dentistry for patients who experience anxiety during dental procedures.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an excellent alternative to traditional braces, and we are proud to offer this service at our McKinney, Texas facility. Invisalign uses clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten your teeth over time.
- TMJ Treatment: We pride ourselves on offering services not available at every dental office, such as TMJ treatment. If you suffer from TMJ, we can help! We offer a variety of treatments to help relieve your pain and get you back to enjoying your life.
The Best Dentist in McKinney, Texas
A beautiful smile can boost your confidence and make you feel better about yourself. If you want to improve your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. R. Ben Alexander today! He will help you find the perfect solution for your needs in a comfortable and relaxing setting.
We look forward to meeting you and providing the best possible dental care!